Sunday, January 31, 2010

"No Pictures, please!"


 Sometimes, Madge seems like the Greta Garbo of the canine world. On Sunday afternoon, she was romping around the living room with Kirby, looking totally flamboyant and wonderfully photogenic. The second that I picked up my iPhone to take a picture of them, she rushed to one of her hiding spots. Jeez, I don't think William Wegman ever had this problem--maybe I should email him for advice.

That evening, we also discovered that Madge seems to be a little worried about the ringer in the new $29.99  VTech phone-answering machine combo that Martha just brought home from Target. The first time it went off, she perked up her ears in alarm and started growling. Apparently it has several different ringtones, though, so I'm going to experiment and see if there's one that she can tolerate. Maybe I should write to VTech and suggest that they put the ring tones for various models up on their web site, so that I could test them out on my dog before I buy the phone. Of course, I could also just disconnect the ringer entirely. Other than fundraisers for animal rights groups, I think the only calls we get on the land line are from our neighbor Susan. Oddly, Madge is afraid of her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment