Sunday, January 17, 2010

We'll have to bring Madge with us next time...




   I noticed this sign posted at the entrance to an alleyway, next to a restaurant in Baltimore's Fells Point neighborhood. I suspect Madge might be a little puzzled by a soft-shell crab sandwich, though--she's more of a meat-and-potatoes kind of girl. (Martha and I lived on Light Street in Federal Hill back in the day, just down the street from the Cross Street Market and the sadly now-defunct Herb's Bargain Center.) I'd almost forgotten how much I used to dig B-more (AKA Ballmer, Mobtown, and the Queen City), which is a wonderfully eccentric, free-spirited and unpretentiously hip metropolis. Our terrier Joey actually was found wandering the streets there, perhaps in search of a Natty Bo.

 BTW, my grade school pal Greg's scorchin' blues band, Nothin' But Trouble, plays a 4-8 p.m. gig at the fabulous Cats Eye Pub in Fells Point every month. Check them out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment