Friday, February 5, 2010

Madge consents, reluctantly, to be photographed

The terrible trio was romping on the couch this morning--Madge in the middle, with Joey play-biting her head and Kirby tangling with her tail--and it looked like a perfect opportunity for a great video or some pictures. But as soon as I reached for my iPhone, of course, they immediately stopped, and Madge bolted across the room. Fortunately, this time she curled up in her favorite chair, rather than hiding behind it. Once she was relaxed, I approached her gingerly, like a wildlife researcher tracking a rhino. To my amazement, she actually allowed me--albeit, obviously reluctantly--to take some pictures of her. Damn, she's a gorgeous canine! And I never noticed it before, but her coloration matches our earth-toned, ersatz Arts and Crafts movement decor perfectly.









By this point, she had that "are you through yet?" kind of look, so I figured that I better not press my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment